Welcome!

Welcome to our Adoption Blog! If you want to know about our story and why we are adopting please go to the sidebar down below to find the archive and find our earliest posts. We also are writing as Adoption Journalists for Red Letters Campaign.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Day Four Continued

After we went to the restaurant, Tatuk drove us around Addis and pointed out things like the prime minister's house (Tatuk doesn't like him), the president's house, Addis Ababa University, and other things. Then he took us to the Ethiopian National Museum. This is supposed to be where Lucy's (the oldest human-like creature) remains are but they are on tour in the U.S. right now. Ironic? Tatuk got us a guide and he explained the entire museum and it was a lot of good information and definitely helped me understand Ethiopia's rich history so much better. I even videotaped the entire thing to have for Olivia and myself when I need some refreshing. The whole tour took about an hour and a half. It was about 2 dollars to get in and I think our whole group payed the tour guide like 15 dollars. Tatuk then took us to the place where we ended up on our shopping day later in the week to try and get a watch for Mike and Karin who forgot to bring one (TIP: did I mention yet to bring a travel alarm clock?) We don't find one here but I get a little hat for Jackson and Tatuk buys Ryan some Ethiopian colored wristbands and headbands since today was his 8th birthday.


Ethiopian National Museum

This is a statue of a woman praying for a child. (pretty appropriate)

A replica of Lucy's remains

Haile Selassie's throne

We head back to the hotel around 4 and catch some sleep until dinner. We ate in the hotel lobby again and met the rest of the travel group except for Tisha and Monte who would get in later that night. Then we head back to the room for bed since the next day was the big day! I was so nervous but ready to get my girl!

1 comment:

Tisha Alexander said...

awww... it makes me wish we had gotten there sooner. Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Hanna has the chicken pox. I bet that doesn't surprise you in the least! ;)