Welcome!

Welcome to our Adoption Blog! If you want to know about our story and why we are adopting please go to the sidebar down below to find the archive and find our earliest posts. We also are writing as Adoption Journalists for Red Letters Campaign.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

10 days

It is only 10 days until our court date and I am officially starting to freak out. I called our case worker today for no other reason than reassurance. Yep, that is right, I didn't have a question, or need anything really from her. I just needed her to tell me that this will get worked out. There are a lot of crazy details about how and why our paperwork is messed up and if you want to know, shoot me an email, I'd be happy to divulge that ugliness to you.......but the fact remains, in 10 days we will probably have a daughter that is legally ours and we may or may not have the correct paperwork in order to get a visa to bring her home. I don't know about you, but having legal guardianship of a child that you can not bring home and call your own seems a little bit CRAZY!

So here's the deal.....I need to ask you to PRAY. Pray for THIS THURSDAY at 8am CST when I go to USCIS and meet with an immigration officer to plead our case and hope that they approve our new paperwork with lightning speed.......I am talking like, "Oh Mrs. A, don't worry!! you have already been approved and we have sent word to the visa center and embassy two days ago!" kind of speed.

I will keep you updated.



EDITED: I just wrote this and then realized we have court in 9 days.......awesome.

5 comments:

Jess & Matt said...

I pray everything gets resolved for you.

Mandy said...

I'm praying, DeeDee!
Amanda

Kristi J said...

praying girly....you'll get it..no worries....9 days is a ton of time :) kj

Amber said...

Just believe. He is all in control!! forever and has it taken care of.

Anonymous said...

Praying that all gets solved.We might be travelliong together:) if no more surprises for either!!!!

Ana