Welcome!

Welcome to our Adoption Blog! If you want to know about our story and why we are adopting please go to the sidebar down below to find the archive and find our earliest posts. We also are writing as Adoption Journalists for Red Letters Campaign.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Incredibly Tired

I did not sleep one wink last night and it is catching up to me! We are still on cloud 9 though!!

So here is the story of our call. I knew we were number 2 but with the way things had been moving I had really expected it to be next week.....I have been jumping at the phone a little bit but really not thinking too much about. So Monday morning Jackson and I went out to the post office to send the scrubs for the special mothers (orphanage workers) at Hannah's Hope (our agency orphanage) to other families that are traveling soon. Then we ate lunch at Chick-fil-a, our favorite place. I thought, wow wouldn't it be funny if Julie called right now? She didn't. 20 minutes later we were home and Jackson was in bed for a nap and I started an email to Troy and Amber to let them know I had sent them a package. After typing one sentence, the phone rang. I stared at the caller ID and it said AGCI......I started to freak out! I kept saying outloud, THIS IS IT!!!!! The phone rang at least 5 times before I actually answered it. Poor Julie because I was a mess. She asked if this was a good time and I said OF COURSE! and she had a little girl for us and started in on how she was a bit older but still in our age parameters when I remembered PAUL! So I interrupted and asked if I could call her back in 30 minutes so that Paul could come home....see I remembered my hubby:) So then I called Paul and said, "JULIE JUST CALLED COME HOME NOW!!!!" to which he responded with a "she did?".....see I told you we weren't expecting it! Then I called my friend Jeanne to come over to photograph the event:) (trying to be a good blogger;) THEN, I finished my email to Amber and Troy saying something like ahhhh Julie just called I'll email you back later!! Of course, I was jumping up and down the whole time and had to wake poor Jackson so he could see pictures of his sissy.









our first family picture, even our dog Lucy got in on the action



Then after we saw our precious baby girl we made a TON of calls to family and friends and decided to have a pizza celebration for anyone who wanted to attend. We had a great time showing off our new daughter!













Paul googled Olivia's Ethiopian name "S" to find that it means Rose so our friends brought us some beautiful roses!!!






Then today we made our way to the International Pediatrician's office here:



and met with Dr. Dibs who was fantastic. Then Jackson and I came home to this:




So I have been working on that ALL DAY! We had to take it to be signed by this lovely lady:





That's our awesome social worker Susan. Then I had it notarized by another lovely lady who I forgot to photograph but she is in the above pizza celebration pictures wearing the black and green:) So now it is all finished and ready to be overnighted back to AGCI tomorrow morning....I just barely missed the 6pm deadline for sending it back in today.....that would of been something! So now I am going to watch some tivoed dancing with the stars and hit the sack because I am soooo tired.......

11 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! I know that most amazing feeling of starring at your child unable to blink or look away from the computer screen!! I remember how I jumped for joy the day our referral came. i can't wait until I see you all together!!

Mandy said...

Yeah!!! What a great day!!! Jackson looks like he's ready to be a big brother. :)
Amanda

Kristi J said...

you make me laugh :) I LOVE the t-shirt you are wearing...I so want one of those :) Love how it all played out...so neat!! Congrats again...I'm so happy our baby girls are hangin together at HH...so fun, kristi

Blog Shmog said...

Love hearing about your call! It's so exciting! Congratulations again! Can't wait to see her face. :)

nell ann said...

So fun! I love your "first family picture with Olivia in it, too. Super cute. Now the rest of the waiting starts! : )
Congrats again!

A.H. said...

Congrats!! Us Blog Stalkers love to read "the call" stories! You know how it is when you "wait". No more "waiting" for you. Congrats again! p.s. You were so nice to think of your hubbie...I hope I don't forget...heeheee

Tisha Alexander said...

Great story!!!!! I am glad that Troy could join you in your excitement. :)

Still hoping we'll be able to travel together...

Eastiopians said...

Congratulations on your little Gemini! :) I love your expecting from Ethiopia shirt! Where did you get it?

Thersea

Brian and Autumn said...

So exciting!!!

Amber said...

How exciting! A BIG congrats to your family. What a fun celebration too!! I bet she & our little one are buddies at HH:)

A&W said...

I've been wanting to read your story!! Congratulations on your sweet referral!!! Will you be at the potluck Sat. night? I look forward to meeting you! Love both of the shirts ...Be Still and Know and Expecting From Ethiopia!