Welcome!

Welcome to our Adoption Blog! If you want to know about our story and why we are adopting please go to the sidebar down below to find the archive and find our earliest posts. We also are writing as Adoption Journalists for Red Letters Campaign.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Olivia "S" update!!!

Two families that were picking up their kiddos last week emailed me to tell me that they checked in on our precious little "S." We knew that she was having a hard time adjusting to being at the new orphanage but we are so glad that she is back to her normal, funny self:) Here is what they had to say:

I have to tell you that your little girl is HILARIOUS!! She is just so much fun. She lights up every room that she is in. I would just gravitate towards her. I saw her in the walker, in the bumbo seat and I saw one of the special mothers holding her hands and work on walking with her. She is just a sweetheart. Her laugh is very contagious. You can just look at her and she starts her silly little giggle. I sat on the floor and played with her in her bumbo and she just laughed and laughed and arched her back. I also talked to Almaz about her as well. She said that she has done a 360 change in the past couple of weeks. When she first got to HH her personality was completely flat and she said she has never said that about a child before. The only thing that she would respond to was food and it took her about 3 weeks to get adjusted and let her personality show and now she is just a little character with SO much personality! I can't wait for you to meet her and I can't wait to see updates on her as well. She definitely stole my heart!! And the special mothers just love her!!


let me tell you, she is CUTE! and very smiley and full of personality, and from what i understand it is all within the 2 weeks since she got there and i wanted to reassure you she is doing really well and has really come to life, according to almaz who said that she was very "flat" when she got there and you all had been told that in the referral?? well, that is no longer the case at ALL, she is a bit of a ham really so i thought you'd be happy to know she is in good hands at HH until she can be with you guys!!




So as you can tell, she is going to fit in just swell around here:)

7 comments:

Kelly said...

What a wonderful report! That's got to make you feel good!

Amber said...

love this!!

Tisha Alexander said...

I can't wait till you can get over there and get her. She sounds like so much FUN!!!

Vanessa said...

Glad to hear she's doing well!

Eastiopians said...

What fantastic updates! Wow, HH & the care the children receive there is just unbelievable to me. I am just in awe each time I hear about them or read about them. Once again, I see the love just pouring onto those children there.

Theresa

Kristi J said...

oh, that gave me chills!!! What a cutie!!! I bet she and LLM are having a blast laughing together :) kj

Maria and Family said...

I am very happy to hear that she is feeling happy and loved again. Did you ever get the pics I sent to you?