Welcome!

Welcome to our Adoption Blog! If you want to know about our story and why we are adopting please go to the sidebar down below to find the archive and find our earliest posts. We also are writing as Adoption Journalists for Red Letters Campaign.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

What happens next???

Now we wait for our court date..... We have signed a power of attorney so that our agency can represent us in court in Ethiopia to legally adopt Olivia "S". But first our paperwork has to be merged with hers and it has to be submitted and go through some bureaucracy over there before they can issue us a date. Normally people get there court dates around 4 weeks after they get "the call." So roughly mid May we should hear something. In the meantime I believe we get to send a care package, have a conference call with someone at our agency regarding a transition plan on bringing her home, have some conference calls on traveling procedures, yada yada yada. No I kid, seriously though, every step is exciting and one step closer to bringing her home. To give you an idea the families that received "the call" in February and March have mostly been given May court dates. So in mid May I am expecting a call to say we have a late June court date.....now I am hesitant to expect because I expected a March "call" and instead got an April "call". We are just praying that we can get a June or July court date and be able to travel before RAINY SEASON (cue the bum bum bum music). Rainy season is when all the courts close down for August and September. AND we are praying that we PASS court the FIRST TIME!

Could you join us in praying for those things?

I hope this all makes sense....send me a comment if you have any questions about it!!

6 comments:

Kristi J said...

very exciting....congrats guys and we just received our package from you guys...You were so thoughtful to do that...thanks so much..I'll post about it later tonight :) kj

Mandy said...

I think the rainy season is in the back of all of our minds as we wait... the dum,dum,dum was right!

Kelly said...

Hi - Just found your blog and I look forward to checking it out. We are just starting our journey toward an Ethiopian adoption. I look forward to hearing more from you. Congratulations on your new daughter!

Chris and Jana said...

Hey DeeDee,
I didn't see anything posted by Jana, so I hope this isn't a duplicate. Our number 3 is based on the brag site. The people at number 1 and 2 don't have blogs, only email addresses. It's always been right, so I just went with it! Either way, we're excited.

So exciting to read your posts!

Chris (and Jana)

The Hull's at #4 said...

So excited for you guys!

Beck, Helen and Will's Mom said...

I was wondering if it might have been you on the call, but I didn't recognize your name! After the call, I went scrolling through all of the names on the Yahoo group looking for that other name but I couldn't find it! When Emily said that you had a 2 year old son, I thought that sure sounded familiar! I didn't know if it was OK for us to talk to each other or if we were supposed to be quiet so we could listen to everything she had for us! I'll bet that we will travel together! It seems that we are on the same time frame with paperwork etc.! How exciting! We are looking forward to getting to know you guys and sharing this part of the journey with you!