Welcome!

Welcome to our Adoption Blog! If you want to know about our story and why we are adopting please go to the sidebar down below to find the archive and find our earliest posts. We also are writing as Adoption Journalists for Red Letters Campaign.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Baby Dedication and more

We had Olivia dedicated two Sundays ago and I wanted to post about it before too much time passed. Jackson of course tried to steal the show when our pastor handed Paul the microphone so that he could read our letter/prayer to Olivia. Jackson grabbed the mic and said " I WANT TO HOLD THE MICROPHONE!" I almost died right there! I thought this is gonna be REALLY bad, and in front of the whole church.....but Jackson just held the microphone up to Paul's mouth as he read....sometimes it was a little too close and that was funny but at least he didn't try to speak in it himself or throw a huge tantrum. Everyone thought it was hilarious and I really wish we would have taped it. I dressed Olivia in her cultural dress that most Ethiopian children are baptized in. Little Miss Olivia didn't let her brother have all the fun as she tried to turn herself upside down while I held her the entire time. She would just lean all the way back and smile and wave at the congregation. What can I say? I have little hams for children. All in all it went really well and everyone thought they both did really well up at the front.







Stealing the mic

helping daddy




Olivia Shataye,

It is our prayer for you to find favor in the Lord and grow up to be a humble servant for Him with a compassionate heart for others. As your parents we will strive to teach you about God's commandments and promises. We are so thankful that God has brought you into our family and we will always tell you of His great love for you. We love you very much and will always be there to love and support you. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD. Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Love,
Mom and Dad




We also have been going out to test out the waters with two kids.....Let me tell you it is much different that just one. When I am by myself I am quickly reminded that they outnumber me! Here are some pictures of us at a jumpy bounce house place and from Jackson's swim lessons. He ended up being the best in his class at the end and he was one of the youngest since the class was for 2-4 year olds. That is awesome since the only thing he wanted to do at the beginning of the summer was sit on the step of the pool.

First day of swim lessons.....do you see the excitement?

blowing bubbles


jumping in!

climbing the ladder

watching brother


mmm this dinosaur sure is tasty



enough mom!!

cookie bouquet from paul's work

Jackson eating his big brother cookie

sliding down the big slide

what a cute kid she is

6 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

It is a big change from one to two kids. I remember. :) It looks like Jackson had a great time at his swim lessons and it looks like you all are settling in well. I miss you guys.

Kat said...

The kids are SOOO cute!

Dawn said...

oh i just love seeing pics of olivia!! i miss her!!

Mandy said...

You guys have such a sweet family! Looks like you're all having a great time!

The Hull's at #4 said...

I loved your dedication letter, and I also loved Jackson's cookie! Sweet babies!

Kristi J said...

too cute...i love all the pics..they are both adorable, kj